As Toronto roofers we realize that high quality work is important to you. We strive to provide stellar workmanship that lasts for years. Our expert team of Toronto roofers is ready to solve your Toronto re-roofing problems!
Each roof provides different challenges, such as the slope of the roof, square footage, number of layers, surroundings, underlayment construction and more. Our roofing contractors Toronto provide honest on-site re-roof inspection, and a true estimate of your needs, without trying to sell you extras.
As premium Toronto roofing company, we strive to complete all projects within 2 day timeframe. Lawn, flowers, plants, walkways, driveways and other important areas of your house will be protected, while the property will be 100% cleaned up after completion of our Toronto re roofing project, leaving no work or worries for you.
Pro Roofing Contractor Toronto is fully equipped and experienced to handle any size project. We take pride in our ability to stay on schedule, and always deliver on the promise.
Great looks are only part of the work that our roof Toronto experts do. We also provide roof repair Toronto, together with residential roofing Toronto services. Your new roofing will be durable, weather resistant, and most importantly it will not leak. New roofing will also enhance your home’s beauty, and value while protecting it for years to come.
We guarantee you will be happy with our work. Pro Roofing is committed to doing the right job.
Request a re-roof proposal from Pro Roofing today.
Pro Roofing contractors are proud to provide information you need to make a good choice. We know it can be tough selecting a roofer. Relax. We won’t try to sell you. Pro Roofing company will give you honest advice, and nothing more. It will be up to you to make a final decision which roofing contractor to hire to replace roof.
We are certainly not cheap roof contractors, and some competitors will beat our roofing estimate. You get what you pay for. Just don’t end up paying twice for roof installation. Get in touch with Pro Roofing now to get your roof quotes and to estimate roofing cost.
Pro Roofing company uses only the highest quality roofing material:
- Only the highest quality roofing shingles are used with 40 year manufacturer warranties.
- Shingles are installed over a special protective layer that adds more water resistance.
- All chimney and side flashing is changed to make the roofing installation job last decades.
Most importantly our roofing service contractors nail each shingle like it is our own roof, so when the rain falls, you stay dry. Integrity, expert workmanship, and quality are what live by every day. Our highest reward is your recommendation of our roofing services to your neighbors and friends. We depend on that, and we figure it must be well deserved.
Pro Roofing consultants employ experienced re-roof professionals with years of experience under their belts. As expert craftsmen in roof services, we pay attention to the small details, like keeping your plants undamaged, cleaning the gutter, picking up all the debris each day after roof replacement work; and using best reroofing materials.
We offer the following services: roof repairs Toronto, reroofing Toronto and roof inspection. We also operate Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and cover: Mississauga, Brampton, Georgetown, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, North York, Richmond Hill, Markham, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Vaughan. Get a quote a roofing quote today to estimate your roofing costs.
Re Roofing Installation
The elements of a new roof work together to shield you from rain, to provide shelter and ventilation. Residential roofing is made of sheathing, felt paper and shingles. Roofing companies attach metal flashings in valleys, around vent pipes, chimneys, and other roof parts to prevent drainage. Soffits cover and protect the eaves area below the roof.
Tearing Off The Old Roof
The process of replacing a roof and removing asphalt shingles, referred to as the tear off, can be done quickly. It is the fastest part of re roofing project. Tear off produces a lot of debris and waste. In order to keep property undamaged, our roofing consultants lay tarps on the ground and lay sheets of plywood against the walls to protect shrubbery and siding. We also bring a dumpster where we place all the waste and debris.
The process of new roofing starts with a tear off:
- Removing the ridge cap
- Tearing off shingles and felt paper, moving downward from the peak, with a roofing shovel or a pitchfork
- Removing flashing (unless it is in stellar condition)
- Prying out remaining nails from the roof
Replacing Damaged Sheathing on a Residential Roof
Once the tear off is complete our expert Toronto roofer inspects the roof decking for damage. If there’s any soft spots on the roof, or if the portion of the sheathing is damaged it will need to be replaced. Before cutting into the roof, our roof consultants check under the sheathing for wires. There may be telephone wires or television cables hidden under the roof, and you don’t want that to be cut.
Damage to the roof sheathing usually occurs because there is a violation of the roof seal, typically occurring around chimney, roof vent, skylight or other flashed objects.
- The damaged area is cut next to the rafters.
- Wood strips are nailed inside the edges of rafters.
- The replacement is made with exterior grade plywood. 1/8 of an inch is left on all side for expansion (if the deck is made of boards, it is perfectly acceptable to use plywood of the same thickness as the boards).
Installing Roofing Underlayment
Felt paper, also called building paper, is installed by most Toronto roofing companies on roof decks as an additional insurance (beware if shingles are nailed without a layer of felt paper). As a premier roofing contractor we also install additional underlayment called “ice and water shield” or “ice guard”, which is used for the first several courses of underlayment, and is necessary in cold climates such as one in Greater Toronto Area.
For optimum protection ice and water shield is applied in valleys, along the eaves and rake edges of the roof. Roofing companies in Toronto that do not use ice shield are cutting corners, so make sure to ask about it when you receive a roofing estimate. If you find they do not, show them the door, then pick up the phone and call us.
The first course of the ice shield is installed following the chalk line as a reference.
Measuring up from the eaves, the layer of felt paper is applied for more water protection (including obstructions where a custom piece is cut).
Reroof Drip Edge Installation
Drip edge is flashing installed along the eaves and rake edges of the roof to direct water away from roof decking. Although its job is to deflect water, it also gives edges of a new roof an attractive finish. Flashing is installed along the eaves before the felt paper is attached to allow water run off the roof in the event it gets under the shingles. Drip edge is installed at the rake edges after the felt paper has been applied, to keep wind driven rain from getting under the felt paper. Drip edge is always nailed directly to the roof decking, rather than to fascia or rake boards. The nail heads are later covered by roofing material.
- Drip edge is placed along the eaves of the roof, and nailed in place as a part of roof install procedure.
- Felt paper is installed on top of the drip edge, overhanging the eaves.
- Another drip edge is installed on the rake edge of the roof, for protection from wind driven rain.
Flashing is metal or rubber barrier used to protect the seams around the roof elements or adjoining surfaces. You may require roof repairs Toronto to change your roof flashing or to add extra protection. Metal flashing is made of galvanized steel, copper or aluminum. Flashing’s job is to channel water off the roof and away from the seams. It’s installed in the areas where shingles cannot be applied, and would otherwise be prone to the leaks. Flashing in most cases has to be custom made for each roof.
Flashing is a critical component of installing a roof, that helps keep the structure watertight. Most roofs have flashings in the valleys and around the dormers.
- Old flashing is used as a template for the new flashing pieces.
- New flashing is installed around the chimney and other roof elements.
- Flashing is installed in the valley, to guide water down the roof.
Installing Roof Shingles
Asphalt shingles, also called composition shingles, are the roofing choice for most home owners in Toronto, Ontario, and the rest of Canada. They perform well in all types of climates, provide variety of roofing options, are available in multitude of colours, shapes and textures, to complement every house design. Asphalt shingles are also less expensive than most other roof material products, and are cheaper to repair during roofing repairs Toronto. The standard three-tab shingle is the most common, as it offers slick design, superior protection and is very affordable.
- During re roof, prior to installation of shingles roof is covered with felt paper.
- Shingles are staggered, for effective protection against leaks.
- The first full course of shingles is installed starting from the bottom.
- Successive courses of shingles are installed according to the measurements, until the entire roof is finished (some spots may require custom fit, where shingles are cut in order to protect elements of the roof, and fit with the design.)
Home roofing is designed to protect you from drainage, to provide shelter and ventilation. Roof materials and flashing are designed to shed water, directing it to the gutters and downspouts. Air intake and out take vents keep fresh air circulating below the roof sheathing, preventing moisture and heat build up. If any of your roof system elements fail, you need roof leak repair.
When the roof develops problems that compromise its ability to protect your home – the damage can quickly spread to other parts of the house. Roof repairs are the best way to make sure your roof continues to do its job effectively.
Common Roofing Problems That May require Roofing Repair
- Wind weather and flying objects can damage shingles. Area in the valleys (where two roofs meet) and ridges (side of the house) tend to take the most weather related abuse, and may need roofing repairs.
- Buckled and cupped shingles are usually caused by the moisture beneath the shingles. Loosened areas create an entry point for moisture, and leave shingles vulnerable to wind damage.
- A sagging ridge might be caused by the weight of too many roof layers. It may also be the sign of more significant problems, such as a rotten roof ridge, or insufficient support for the ridge board.
- Dirt and debris attract moisture and decay, which shortens roof life. To protect the roof, wash it once a year with a pressure washer.
- Overhanging trees drop debris and provide shade that encourages moss and mildew. Trip any limbs that overhand the roof.
Give Pro Roofing a call today!